Monday, December 6, 2010

ode to my mama

Let me take a minute...,
Let me take my pen and paper…,
Let me write…write an ode…,
Let me tell of this great woman..,
Let me sing her praise…,
Let me sing my hero.

Can I tell of her unending love…,
Can I tell of her struggle..,
Can I tell of her wisdom…,
Can I tell of her hearty laughter…,
Can I tell of her striking beauty…
Can I tell of my hero.

When the rain did not stop falling and gloom filled,
She brought the sun and the days joy filled,
When despair was all there was to see,
She sang songs of hope..,
When there was not enough,
She taught us to share.
She is she… my hero.

Mama...now is the time,
Let me sing you now,
Let me praise you now,
Let me write you now,
Let me tell the whole world now,
That you are my hero, .
Now when you can still read this mama.

No comments:

Post a Comment